Birthday Whaleshark'O'Gram for the Captain

Garr! Today be a day of surprises, for me.

First I was surprised to find myself a day older, but some cruel bugger had added a year to my age. Damn em for a cur, I'll have em flogged afore this day be over.

Then me wench an bairn decided to give me a lovely rendition of 'Happy Birthday to you' at 06:45 before I was infused with my religious morning coffee. Gruds Bless em.

And here I be skippering the good ship 'Vicious Guppy' on our way to one of the best presents a crusty Sea Rover could get for his Birthday.

Captain Paul M Turley at the Helm of the Vicious Guppy
Below be Your Captain and his SDI Open Water Scuba Diver students and fellow Whaleshark'O'Gram spotters.

Left to Right, Sabine Fuchs-Schlegel, Captain Paul, Kevin Duhr and self proclaimed, just call me 'Whaleshark Girl' Laura Schlegel.

Imagine the last dive of your SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course your swimming with a baby whaleshark. How cool is that?


Captain Paul M Turley & SDI Open Water Scuba Diver students Sabine, Kevin and Laura
Here is Laura getting kitted up little knowing what the dive finale had install for all of us this day.

Laura Schlegel, SDI OWSD Dive 4 ready for action Captain
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Captain. Happy Birthday to You. Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

Whaleshark, Pemuteran
And now we all jump in to play with this loveable 3-4mtr baby whaleshark who truly made all our mornings with its appearance.

Whaleshark Girl Laura with Whaleshark

Whalesharks are not uncommon here in the North West of Bali. But you do have to get lucky and be in the right place at the right time and today was one of those days. Last month one of the other divecentres in the area saw a mother and baby, perhaps the same one we saw today.

But the day is not over yet and perhaps I have somemore surprises ahead.

The Captain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Center your calm

Underwater Temples makes it difficult to light incense

Menjangan Island Trips